This morning I woke up and checked facebook and twitter, and was met with a plethora of posts from runners and event organizers posting about today being “National Running Day.” As luck would have it, today is a scheduled “off” day, as part of my taper for the Utah Valley Half Marathon this Saturday. I felt a little like a poser, as every other runner I knew, was posting about the great runs that they were doing today. That feeling, coupled with the antsy feeling you get while tapering, was making things even worse for me. I even texted my coach to see if it was okay if I went for a SLOW 3-4 miles. He reassured me, by saying that this antsy feeling I was having was a good sign. If the taper is working, runners go through kind of a draggy feeling, as they are so used to running at a high intensity. After reading his message, and feeling like I was on the right track, I decided that I would respect the taper, and forgo running….
HOWEVER, on this, the “National Running Day, I ran…I ran a lot!
1. Ran the bathtub for 5 kids
2. Ran kids to soccer camp
3. Ran back home so I could turn around and run jackets to freezing kids
4. Ransacked the playroom and storage room to get rid of clutter
5. Ran adds in the local yard sale website
6. Ran a load to the DI
7. Ran who knows how many loads of laundry
8. Ran a load of dishes
9. I Ran into an old friend while runinng errands.
10. Ran the lawnmower (and mowed the lawn 🙂 )
11. Sent some pictures to my editor, for my column that will run this Friday
Happy National Running Day!
I’d love to hear about your “running” adventures for today!